Saturday, December 19, 2009

Just a sampling...

As time allows I will add details of each trip - both trips taken and those yet to be. For now here is a bit of an overview, in no particular order:

Zurich is simply amazing in the winter time:




Yosemite in fall is quite beautiful:


Tokyo is pretty nice as well:





If winter gets you down, head south to Sydney where it's summer:





Singapore, the city/state:


Rome, Italy:


Paris, the city of lights:


Monaco / Nice (pics in that order), amazing cities by the beach. Lots of $$$ here but also lots of fun:




Munich, just as amazing in summer as it is in winter. Gluhwein, anyone?



London, my personal 'leap of faith', as it was my first trip abroad.... and I went ALONE! I didn't have the best time, made a few rookie mistakes, and I'm so glad I kept trying my luck with travelling. Still, it's a stunning city in it's own right:



Langkawi, Malaysia. Where my 'happy place' is. Truly, paradise on earth:





Kuala Lumpur, deep in Southeast Asia. Overlooked by many but a real gem of a destination:





Jerusalem, Israel. Man, do they know how to do airport security right!!!



Jakarta, Indonesia; definitely NOT a mainstream tourist destination. But totally worth experiencing:




Hong Kong, a VERY unique city, politically and culturally:




Dublin, Ireland on St. Patties day. A party to remember!!



Chicago, Illinois. Where I (want to) live:


Cairns, Australia, where you can scuba dive the Great Barrier Reef:



Bethlehem, alone at night. Not exactly the BEST time to go to Palestine, but hey, it was an experience!



Bangkok, Thailand. Indescribable, so I won't even try (yet).




Bali, Indonesia. Overrated. But fun as hell anyways.




Amsterdam, Netherlands



So there you have it. These are the major trips I have been on. I've had one hell of a great time so far and am always looking forward to the next trip. Travel is addicting and can get pricey. But with a good head and a bit of planning, it can be done safely, cheaply, and will always be an experience you will never forget. It's true, I made this blog to share experiences, but moreso I made this blog to inspire others to travel for themselves. I believe a 'world perspective' will bring the world closer. Because after all, we all live in essentially the same place.

No comments:

Post a Comment